Sunday 4 August 2013

11 Questions Tag!!


So I happen to love those youtube tag videos, I always click on and watch them when I’ve found a new guru! I think its a great way to get a feel of someone quickly (well that sounds creepy!)  but who doesn’t love being slightly nosy and personal?  I stumbled across this wordpress tag on Butterfly Reviews and thought it would be a great way to say a bit more about myself! Apparently I find lists of questions far too tempting to answer! Feel free to tag me in any tags and do carry on this one!
1. What is your favourite make up brand?-
M.A.C. a pretty safe choice and one i’m sure many people would go for. Its the bread and butter of my make up bag. I adore the lipsticks and eyeshadows; pigmentation is amazing and packaging sleek. A M.A.C eyeshadow pot or lipstick is always the perfect pay day treat! I also tend to have really good experiences with the M.A.C counter artists. One time this lovely guy on his firstday talked to me about lipgloss and shadows for three quarters of an hour, that level of customer engagement really makes an impact.  I also really appreciate what the brand stands for, art.  The artistry shots and tutorials never fail to amaze. Finally the M.A.C aids fund does so much good, a brand with real integrity!
2. What is the best gift you received?
It sounds slightly odd but a Stabucks mug! i’m sure elaboration is needed on this one ! Well I love Starbucks, as a very unhealthy coffee addiction gets me through most days! I also love California. So 3 years ago for Christmas a good friend of mine actually tracked down a Starbucks California mug and had it delivered to England. It was the best gift I ever received  not because of its value but because it was a gift that really proved just how well they knew me. A completely thoughtful and unexpected gift.
3. What book would you recommend I read next? 
Well when i’m snuggled down with a good old penguin modern classic and a cup of tea i’m a very happy girl. My all time favourite book is ‘Lolita’,  I just think it it so beautifully written, enchantingly captivating. If you haven’t read it, do! However a book I polished off a month ago which may not be as well known  is the ‘Anthropology of an American Girl’ by Hilary Thayer Hamann. Its a coming of age novel, its deep but fairly easy to read and completely relatable. A book that stays with you, especially if you are the type of person who is a hyper vigilant observer of  yourself and those who surround you.
4. What is your favourite shampoo and conditioner?
I still stick with Herbal Essences. What can I say those adverts captivated me from a young age inspiring a devout brand loyalty.  Im not sure what that says for the type of lifestyle I aspire to obtain but beginning with a provocative shower in a rainforest seems like a good way to start your day. Im currently a fan of tousle me softly shampoo and long term relationship conditioner. Again i’m not sure what this says about me?!?
5. Describe your favourite outfit.
I’m not sure if I have a single  favourite outfit. I have favourite outfits for different scenarios: a favourite ‘I need something that will work even if I spill stuff on it restaurant look’;  a favourite ‘I need to look casual and cute like those girls in oversized sweaters and leggings of tumbler’ look;  and even a favourite ‘I need to look like i’m trying that little bit too hard look’. I suppose anything clean, polished and simple is a winner with me. A favourite combination that I pull out if I’m in a rush and have no time to think is a  white shirt, black velvet leggings and black ankle boots.
6. Do you have a lot of shoes? How many shoes do you own?
Whilst I lust over Louboutins, Blahniks,Choos and Sandersoons my bank balance will never stretch that far! I actually own very little in the way of shoes when I consider how long I lust over the above websites. I have 3 trainers, 2 pumps, 6 heals and 4 pairs of boots. Being a size 3 means I always hold out for the sales as there is nearly always my size! My feet endearingly referred to as ‘pigmes’ by my girls are named after the pygmy hippos.
7. What are your favourite stores for shopping (for anything)?
Well cloth wise its Forever 21, Zara, Mango and H and M. I also love these little independent vintage places hidden in York’s city walls. Walking in to a tiny boutique packed with outfits that look like they have come straight off  barbie throughout the ages! My favourite boutique contains 12 vintage Chanel bags that must have hundreds of stories to tell its all rather too thrilling! I like the experience and the glamour more then anything. Feeling like I’ve run in to the closet of a Lady past her prime only to discover a wealth of her hidden tales told through these crafted and unique clothes is just magical. Vintage stores are the new Disney land. I also love interior stores, whilst I don’t need to buy any furniture I think there just so fun to step in to and browse; Its like pintrest in 3d.
8. Do you have pets? If so tell me a little about them.
Yes I have one a dog called Lola. Also referred to as Lola Lo and Lo. She is a five year old West Highland terrier. As a puppy she was described as ‘almost an angel’ and thats 99% accurate; angelic looking but bouncing with mischief. She gallivants round fields chancing hares (unsuccessfully, they are far too clever for her and about the size!). I thought moving to the country might entitle me to a shetland pony, regrettably, this has as much chance of happing as Lola catching a hare! Here she is:
9. Do you prefer lipstick, lip gloss, lip stain, or lip balm?
Im a huge lipstick fan. I think it can transform an outfit, a smile and a mood.
10. What is your favourite food?
Almonds, I just can’t get enough of them. From almond milk to marzipan I am guaranteed to like anything almond. I always have a stash of whole almonds in my desk and would pick a macaroon over a slice of cake any day!
My 11 questions are
1.  What is your go to make up look?
2. If you could obliterate one make up product or make up trend from this planet what would it be and why?
3. Whats your worst beauty habit?
4. Who is your beauty icon?
5. Whats your signature sent?.
6. What was your first experience with make up?
7.What is your all time favourite piece of clothing that you own?
8.What is your favourite quote of all time ?
9. What do you do on a rainy day?
10. What is your most treasured possession?
11. What blogs do you admire?
Comment below if you do some form of this tag with a link to it as I would love to read them!!!
Love Livs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment