Sunday 4 August 2013

Products consistently at my fingertips this season!



“I don’t believe in ‘greatest’. I believe in favourites” -Steve Vai


With that sentiment its time I revel my favourite make-up products for this season. All of the following are always in grasp and a go to on those hectic summer mornings. By hectic summer mornings I mean walking the dog before noon. Okay,  so ‘hectic’ may translate as lazy and routinized! Despite this these are, by no means, lazy products; they work hard and perform time and time again. Which is great as you have to look good for the dog … right?!?! That must be why I find them consistently at my fingertips. They may or may not be the greatest of the greats but they are my current favourites and that my lovelies seems like a good place to start for my first beauty post!

The List!

FACE it , its hot and caked on make up will not work! -

*Bourjois Health Mix Foundation. – Dewy, light and lovely smelling foundation with medium coverage. Gives you that glow that screams ‘I should be an Austen heroine i’m that radiant.’ Gives a lovely gleam without looking ‘moist’, even in this heat!

*Revlon Photo Ready Powder- Sets foundation and keeps moisture at bay. Used with a big powder brush and dusted on lightly. In this heat I dust a couple of light layers just to add some extra setting power.  As for the ‘photo ready’ element, thats debatable. I personally never notice a difference when wearing this powder. I just like it as its light on the skin, doesn’t leave a vail of powder resting on top of your make-up, and at the end of the day is cheaper then putting a msfn on everyday!

*Soleil Tan Chanel- a bronzer that works perfectly for some natural contouring, even on my fairly pale skin. It blends in and has a smooth texture on the skin. On hot days where I’m going fairly bare this and some waterproof mascara do fairly nicely. An utter love!

*Peachy Keen blush M.A.C- A delicious warm colour with a sprinkling of shimmer. This never fails to put me in the summer mood. It brightens the skin and adds a pop of colour to the cheeks. Just peachy.

*Watts Up or Sun Beam- If you haven’t gathered I like to ‘Gleam’ in summer. For me nothing screams ‘I love summer!’, than a look that has as much luminosity as the season. Equally if your summer is lacking that good old sun (which is regrettably likely being in the UK) then your face can be a nice replacement for all. Sun beam for when i’m that tad more tanned, offers a bronzy based shine whilst whats up’s champagne glow never fails to give a natural looking luster .

* Finally for my face it has to be Fake Up. Quick to apply and as creamy as melting ice cream, this concealer is perfect for covering up those dark circles. What can I say, I haven’t recovered from term time and watching SATC till 3am always seems like a good idea.

Summer eyes sparkle - 
 A look for when those eyes need to shine and a look for when focus is on those summer lips. 

*Look 1 the golden, bronzy tan for those lids. Hey if your skin isn’t going to bronze up like Adriana Lima your eyes might aswell.  Combining these 3 beauties from the Naked 2 Pallet makes the eyes really glow.


Bootycall on the inner part of the lid and tear-duct, Half baked in the inner half of the crease and Chopper blended on the outer half of the crease creates a glorious golden look!


*Look 2 Pure with pink. This is my go to when I know my lips are going to be stealing the summer show! Its simple and pretty. Its touch of pink, for me at least, evokes the playfulness of the summer season.  This winning combination is built around the star of my summer eye shadows, Girlie by M.A.C! Image



Brule on the lid and brow bone, Naked lunch on the lid, Girlie in the crease and outer part of the lid. Woodwinked in the outer corner and blended in if this eye needs to work in the summer dusks, as it adds a bit more warmth and drama to a light and playful summer day eye!

*Thin winged eyeliner. A thin winged eyeliner adds a flirty shape for a summer look, all credit to Californian LC. My favourite product of the moment is Eyeko’s Skinny Mini eyeliner pen. Easy to use and stays put without smudging or running in the heat! I tend to keep my waterline pretty bare in summer, keeping things light and preventing the 4 o’clock smudge marks however occasionally I add a coffee colour to the outer edges of my waterline.

*brows! Topshop’s Brows pencil gets my eyebrows tamed and well shaped. A must for me if i’m going with a very make up light look. (brows, bronzer, lips and mascara). Aka Cindy Crawford minus the supermodel legs, body or looks. I like to keep my brows rounded and polished but not overly heavy as I fear the scouse brow.

Layer it on those Lips! 

I love lips in summer! Its the time of the year when bright corals, berry pinks and sweet peaches are always perfect. I tend to keep my sunglasses firmly on so my lips are more in focus! The 3 currently at my fingertips are Posh Tone, Please me and Lady danger all by M.A.C


- Lady danger – a bright orange red, can be applied lightly and blotted down to give a hint of red or layered to give a bright summer pop. Pared with a dress and my hair up it can leave me feeling vintage inspired, or blotted down for a typical english rose mouth.

Please me -a delightful soft pink. Pretty and bright. Simplicity at its best!

-Posh Tone -a peachy nude tone. A warm natural colour that is just easy to wear! Its a mineralised so its super moisturising and rich, wonderful for summer!

So thats my summer seasons go tos, which i’m hearting! Even if 70% of the time they are only worn for the pleasure of my dog, Lola!  Speaking of I shall leave you with this …



love livs xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment