Friday 9 August 2013

WITH STARS IN THEIR EYES.. RESULTS NIGHT MAKE UP!

Fotor0808172949
Every year on the same Thursday, students everywhere have a sleepless night and wake up in a tense state of anticipation. Results day! Whilst my own results day is luckily far far behind me it still prays on my mind that for others, it is just around the corner. The joys of approaching a quarter life crisis age is that, whilst, I consistently feel  I should of achieved more  by this tender age,  I have at least already crossed that transition from school to life beyond. My own results day was full of anxiety, tears and stress. However the  night involved: celebration, partying and mojitos! Luckily this year, this girl gets to leave the field for down South to enjoy results night without the stressful day part! I am so looking forward to celebrating my friends success and helping them glorify an end of an era!  I even treated myself to a whole new look.  Seeing as it was a particularly slow day in the field of tranquility, I decided to plan the make up, inspired by my brand spanking new outfit and take some snaps. I was never one for matching eyeshadow to outfits, but do like to stick in the same colour group; for this look I used silver and purple to compliment the ethereal blue of the play suit.  I tend to pre plan and practice big night out looks as its easier if you don’t have to think through what your doing  when 5 other girls will be fighting for mirror space!
Fotor0808165448Fotor0808165527
My face for ‘a night on the town’, is almost identical to ‘Face up to Summer!’ apart form a few switch outs. I use a slightly heavier foundation, either Revlon’s Photo Ready foundation or M.A.C’s Studio Fix Fluid. I must say I prefer the Revlon. I also use a stronger highlighter – Girl Meets Pearl by Benefit, Its glow is just so so pretty! I also set this highlighter with M.A.C’s MSF  Soft and Gentle, as the highlighting powder is always a good idea when a hot, overcrowded,  sweaty club is involved! With that in mind I prime my skin with a primer, here its Revlon’s Photo Ready Primer!
Now on to the main focus of this Post, EYES! On a night when everyone’s future is sparkling in their eyes, why not play up yours?  I also hate reapplying lipstick at 1, 2 and 3 am, in my experience eyes tend to stay put! Whilst a go to smokey eye is great I often like to mix it up a bit. WIth such an ethereal outfit why not go with something a little different. I opted in this case for a silver and purple based cat eye! My main colours were M.A.C, but you could use whatever you have.  Just for reference then, the shadows I used were , Brule, Jest, Trax, Nocturnelle and Smoke & Diamonds ( a limited edition shade but any grey silver would do).
Fotor080817093
- I started of with shadow primer, an obvious must for those late nights. I used Urban Decay’s primer potion, a classic for a reason! I also placed it on the lower lash line so any shadow I placed there would stick.
Fotor0808170926
-Then I placed Brule all over right up to the brow bone, this just helps blend out those darker shadows. I left it out for a final application below the brow bone, to act as a highlight once the rest of the eye was complete.
- Jest was next, a perfect bright sparkly champagne pink (but not too pink!). It really keeps the base of the look bright and light, matching the spirit of the outfit.  I applied it all over the lid and in the crease, making sure to get it as close to the inner corner as I could.
Fotor0808171011
- On top of this I applied Smoke and Diamonds I placed it as close to the lash line as I could and then began blending it up wards. Several layers of this  silver grey later and a smokey base began to form.
Fotor080817117SAMSUNG CSC
-Then came time for the purple! Like with most of my decisions in life, I struggled to stick to one! I used three different shades of Purple to get a real dimension to this smokey cat eye! A purple with gold reflex, an almost matt purple and a deep dark royal purple. SAMSUNG CSC
-Beginning by blending in the lightest purple into the crease and over the silver. Then the matt darker purple is placed using a M.A.C 217 in the outer corner of the eye. Its then blended a quarter of the way on to the lid. At this point the shape of the crease is still fairly rounded as I just use the usual back and forth motion.
Fotor0808171530
-The cat eye shape begins to develop when the matt purple is placed with a pencil brush in a < shape. Then the pencil brush is also used to intensify the colour in the outer corners.
-The shape is made stronger and the colour more vibrant with the final shade of purple. Using a flat liner brush a much harsher line is pressed in to the < cat shape. Below the first of these strong lines can be seen. This is then blended using the pencil brush, to soften the harshness of the line but keep the shape strong.
Fotor0808171444 Fotor080817164
-Liner is then applied following the same line and angle as the cat eye. I used gel to get a line that increased in thickness to achieve a feline shape.
Fotor0808172058Fotor0808171948
-To keep the eye bright I placed a light pink line under the flick of the black liner using a light pink liner pencil, this is just to tie the darkest part of the eye in to the lightness of the inner corner. It can be seen faintly below. I blended it slightly by using my little finger. I prefer pink to white pencil as its less stark.
Fotor080817197
-With liner and shadow pressed along the lower lash line the eye is complete!
Fotor0808171824 Fotor0808172311
-A quick fix up of the brows and this cat eye is ready for a prowl around town!
Fotor0808171752
- I have two lip options for this look and I am not quite sure which to go with. There is a soft hot pink (Heart to Heart by M.A.C) or a nude beige  (17′s supreme Shine lipstick in Bella). Feel free to comment and help me decide!!! 
Fotor0808173519SAMSUNG CSC
Fotor0808173254SAMSUNG CSC
The Playsuit is Miss Selfridge and the shoes new look. I shall probably put my hair into a super high curly pony tail or a sock bun!  With make up on, 8 tracks blasting (Probably this mix) and an empty field outside I thought i might as well try on the outfit, have a prance around and take some pics! So the pictures turned out super awkward but it was fun haha!
Fotor0808173549 SAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSC
On that note, good luck to all those getting results at the moment! I hope you get what you want and have stars in your eyes!
Love Livs xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment